Tuesday, April 12, 2011

S'mores Chocolate Chip Cookies

I made these. I simultaneously gained 18 pounds, but they were worth it. I'll be running for two weeks straight. Or just loving those 18 pounds.

I saw the recipe for these last week whilst in the throes of the stomach flu and decided to wait to make them.  I could barely contain my excitement.  A camping treat in the middle of my favorite cookie!?  What could be better?

Find the recipe at The Brown Eyed Baker or at And All The Trimmings.


I served these to guests, and took two to Charlie's dad in recovery from knee surgery.  They were a hit.  They are the ultimate decadent treat.  My kids were soooo excited.

Confession:  I maybe ate part of one before breakfast this morning.  Who could blame me, wouldn't you?

hint: if you don't mind the s'more oozing out -as in picture #1- don't worry about sealing all edges of the dough before baking. If you want it to look more like a cookie (with a giant lump in the middle) make sure there are no holes in any part of the cookie dough that surrounds the s'more.  I personally think it's kind of exciting to see part of a s'more peeking out.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think I gained 10 just from looking at the pictures! yum. gonna check out the website you linked...(btw, how do you do that?)..great idea! love it!

Christy said...

Yes Melinda, I think I'll be making them again soon. We have several family birthdays this month and they make a great little birthday present!!!
(I'll Facebook you about the links!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...