Sunday, August 06, 2006



I finally got a picture to download on this computer! yay!

This is my sweet little neice, Aubrey...we get to see her (and my brother and sister-in-law) when we come home for a visit. She was born in between the boys, so they'll all have fun as they grow up. She's not too sure about me yet, but I'll win her over. She does have a lot of fun with the boys. Someday I'll have a little girl, because everyone deserves to get to dress a baby in these cute outfits (well, that's not the ONLY reason I'd like a girl, but it's a big draw).

On another front, the South Beach diet isn't my favorite thing. I was on it for 10 days and lost a whopping pound. What's going on here? I've even been running between 1/2-1 hour a day. I decided to move to Phase II early so I can re-introduce some carbs because really, when there aren't any results, there isn't any incentive. Gruff.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a CUTIE!!

Annecourager said...

LOL, well, I guess a pound is better than a poke in the eye, but still, I KNOW how frustrating it is to work your buns off and eat right and see no "payback" on the scale.

Once my parents leave, it's back to Weight Watchers Points for me. All you South Beachers are inspiring me. :)

Anonymous said...

She is adorable! i just love plump little baby legs!

Hang in there! I just admire you for sticking with it! You know, this whole eating healthy thing is supposed to be a lifestyle change, not a goal to just lose weight, but a goal to be more conscience about what we eat and more intentional about what we put in our mouths. I am finding I have (had) a habit of sampling my kids meals, or eating out of boredom, or not stopping when I am full. I know you know, but part of the SB thing for me is just becoming more disciplined and aware of my eating.

No doubt, running that much, you have a great cardiovascular system. I can't run a mile without dying. (but I will play 4 hours of volleyball).

Christy said...

I know, my big goal right now is to stop eating when I'm satisfied. What a huge change that is. Who wants to stop eating when there are Salt & Vinegar potato chips in front of you? (a recent temptation that I might not have resisted so well). But, I have had ice cream once in three weeks, which is a lifetime record for me. Let's focus on the positive here.

Anonymous said...

Alls I can say is, I've missed your blogging! I know you were busy trying to catch up...anyway, it's good to have you back! Congratulations on the 10 lbs. I know it's tough, but keep up the good work, it'll pay off. Cute picture of Aubrey! Give the boys a hug. Love to you all,

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...