Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Going With The Crowd

I've done a lot of pondering today on that subject:  Going With The Crowd.

I resist.  I drag my heels.  I don't wanna do it.

Mostly in respects to Twitter.  It makes no sense at this time in my life.  What's all the fuss? 

I read tutorials yesterday.  I googled "Twitter new user" and found that even Twitter for beginners was confusing.  Help me.  Am I so old as that?

Go ahead, I dare you, try to explain something like hashtags and @ signs and all the rest.  Just see if I understand.

So I'm going to go ahead and just do it.  Hopefully nobody laughs at me.  (or that they at least laugh where I can't hear them).

Other heel-draggers for me:
The Cupcake Craze
Ann Voskamp
The Pioneer Woman
Dave Ramsey

And yet, I find that often, when I finally join the crowd, I think - "what took me so long?"  There's a reason The Crowd loves it.

Naturally, there are reasons we teach our children about peer pressure, because there are Crowds that make terrible choices.  But I'm not talking about those Crowds.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...