Friday, May 07, 2010

Housework Help

I must admit, every week I try a different "housework" schedule. Every week I think, "this will be THE one." And every week I end up a little bit behind, with piles of laundry scattered throughout the house and a kid's bathroom that smells slightly of pee (depending on what day it is).

So I've narrowed it down. I'll tell you my current system...and let you try it out...and change it up perhaps. I'm interested in feedback.

I have narrowed down some goals.
1. I don't do laundry on the weekend.
2. The toilets must be thoroughly cleaned weekly, and touched up three - okay, two times/week. (At least while three smallish boys live in the house)
3. If I don't get everything on my list done, oh well. (I have to make this an official goal so I don't go into a deep depression every week...)

That said, I have found something FAN-TAS-TIC.
The ladies at Motivated Moms have created a cleaning list for us, with boxes to check off, and a daily chore chart list too!!!!

Here's a sample.
I've been using their list since November of last year and have found it sooo helpful. They include usual chores like cleaning toilets and kitchen sinks, but also rotate in chores I conveniently forget such as changing air filters and dusting houseplants. (which I would totally do, if I didn't kill every houseplant that enters my house before dust even touches it).

Click here to visit Motivated Moms.

Instead of doing the "big" chores daily, as suggested, I highlight the ones I am most likely to do throughout the week and tackle them as time permits. Then I get to put an "x" in the box, and I love that part.

I hope you find this info useful. Yes, I've tried other household lists and websites. I've even tried to make my own. But I've been using this for a while now and think it's tops!

as regards laundry: I pile everything out in the laundry area on Monday and usually work my way through it by Tues or Wed, adding random loads as needed. On Friday I do one last load and don't look at any laundry baskets until Monday!

1 comment:

always a mom first. said...

you soooo have to check out flylady.com it helped me sooooo much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...