Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Superstitious

I'm remembering how superstitious I get when there's a baby in the house.

(Mother anxiously pacing with baby) "Why won't he sleep? Why won't he sleep? Oh! Right, yesterday he went right to sleep because...we had the window cracked six inches. And the boys were jumping on the beds in their bedroom. And I dipped my knees just so, while pacing back and forth with him. And he was swaddled with the RIGHT arm tucked in first. That's probably what did it right there. And first I sang "Amazing Grace", THEN "Let's Go Fly A Kite"."

The theory here being that once all of these criteria are met, Baby will now fall peacefully asleep. Every time. I might be exaggerating, but only minimally. In reality, he's working into an 8:00 bedtime. With one feeding before I go to bed (around 10:00), and one wake-up between 2 and 4 to eat. I can deal with that. But it doesn't happen that way every night. Which I can also deal with.

aside: I am reminded of a great quote from 'The Office'

Micha
el: I'm not superstitious; I'm a little stitious, but not superstitious.

also: I just spent a whole afternoon waiting for a video of the baby to upload to YouTube, and it said it was finished, and then it disappeared. Arg. So here's a picture (6 weeks).

Oh wait, here it is. It's very exciting. You'll be riveted to your seat. If two parents trying to entice the baby to coo is your thing, then here we are. He was pretty interested in the camera, to tell you the truth. And his one accomplishment thus far in his life is still un-recorded. Oh well. He's still really cute.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

TOO CUTE!
alisha

Lacey said...

Awww he's got more chub now! What a cutie pie!

Love the office reference :)

Anonymous said...

I can sooooooooooooooooo relate to that superstitiousness!! Soooo many theories.....

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for making the effort to post a video. He is precious and your family is so sweet. Hugs to everyone from the Ortegas!

Anonymous said...

Soooo fun to see him!! i definitely have the superstition thing goin on over here too!! i love his puzzled expression at the beginning . . .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...