Thursday, February 10, 2011

This Morning

Today I woke up thinking about how I've been feeling lately. It hasn't been good. I've been in a bit of a downward spiral, not sure how to get out. I get sad, then I get grumpy and angry, the I get down on myself...you might know the story.

So I got out my Bible. And I got out a book I remembered that talked about the "d" word, depression. And I started writing. This book, "Homeschooling With A Meek And Quiet Spirit", is really a book that's good for any mom. It talks about organization, depression, anger, and a host of other issues I think every mom deals with. Terri Maxwell (the author) shares on her depression, and how it was somewhat related to hormones. She also gave a lot of other practical helps that I'll be implementing today.

I'll also be heading to the natural foods store to pick up the herbs for the tea recipe my friend Minda gave me - to help with postpartum hormones (which I totally didn't need) - hah!

And I'll be carrying around my notebook with the verses that fill my head with God's truths instead of the lies I believe.

I'll generally be a little easier on myself.

Here are a couple verses I found this morning that I particularly wanted to share, in case they can encourage you:

"My beloved spoke, and said to me: 'Rise up, my love, my fair one, And come away.  For lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone.  The flowers appear on the earth; The time of singing has come, And the voice of the turtledove is heard in our land."  Song of Solomon 2:13

"Ho!  Everyone who thirsts, Come to the waters; And you who have no money, Come, buy and eat.  Yes, come, buy wine and milk Without money and without price."  Isaiah 55:1

"He will not break the bruised reed, nor quench the dimly burning flame.  He will encourage the fainthearted, those tempted to despair.  He will see full justice given to all who have been wronged."  Isaiah 42:3 (the Living Bible)

I'm excited to see what today will bring.  And I'll go slowly.  Not expect perfection from myself or my children.  We will have some fun, though!!!!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...