Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Shout-out to Dad

When we were in high school, old enough to drive, but not old enough to know much about life, I remember my brother and I teasing my dad about only driving the speed limit on a road trip. He was a good sport and didn't offer much defense. He just hunkered down and kept on driving the speed limit.

Now I'm a mama of three. And I have to say that neither Charlie nor I venture much above the speed limit. Our daring single days are over. We don't have to get anywhere that fast.

We recently made the drive to the central coast to see Charlie's family and Charlie was so wiped out that I did most of the driving. I am usually a confident and calm driver, but something about driving a long distance with my husband and three precious little ones in the car made me very tense. This is it. This is my entire life. And if anything happened to any of these people I would not know how to deal with it.

So I drove the speed limit. And sometimes a little bit under. Now I understand, Dad.

2 comments:

Monica said...

That is so cute and soo true!

Anonymous said...

Oh this is a very sweet post. Everything changes when you have those precious little bodies strapped in behind you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...