Monday, November 20, 2006

Countdown

And so it begins, we will be flying out of LAX on December 11. One day after Charles turns three. 14 days before Christmas. 18 days after Thanksgiving. 21 days from now. Wow.

No, I haven't even begun to pack for moving everything into storage. I've never been that organized. But I have thought about it.

We'll be gone through March 1. Then we'll leave again in May.

I feel...I don't know. I feel like this: I am going to make this the best experience I can for my kids and my husband. What does that feel like? Challenging. I have not done well before. I am not always positive. But I will be this time, because it will make it that much easier for Charlie. I will not worry about the boys. I won't worry about the transition and all of the things that come with moving to a tropical country around the world - because God has it all in control. He will take care of my family. This is something I have always known, but what better way to put me to the test? You know the song, "He's got the whole world in his hands...the mommy and the daddy...the little bitty baby...you and me brother..."

Bali, here we come!

5 comments:

Annecourager said...

WOW! What an opportunity.

HEEEEEY, that reminds me......Sonlight curriculum was designed for expatriate Americans ministering in foreign lands! :) so if this becomes a way of life for you, Sonlight might be the way to school for the halflings.

But that's several years ahead.

But...holy Moses, that's coming up fast!! Who's going to sit in your home while you're gone?

Anonymous said...

WOW! That is a short time away!

I admire your determination to roll with the punches. But let me also say this: we are meant (as mothers) to think of those things. Not to worry, of course, but to prepare and think ahead about how to help our kids (and our husbands) adapt best to all sorts of new experiences. It is a difficult line to walk, but I know you will find it.

Will you be able to blog from there? Please say yes.

Christy said...

I hope and plan to blog from there. That is one of the reasons I started the blog - the plans to one day be moving back and forth.

And don't worry, I am still thinking about how to make the transition easy for everyone, I just want to make sure my heart is in the right spot (as well as my attitude).

Christy said...

Oh, CMI, we rent a condo right now, so we're just moving out...into storage until further notice.

Anonymous said...

May God bless you and your family as you do what He asks of you in building His kindgom. Amen.

What a truly unique way to serve Him via your femininity. Your boys and man will need you to keep all the senses of home that you can in tact for them no matter where you are.

My offer to watch the boys at your house while you pack is still good. Love, Audrey

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...