Friday, September 29, 2006

Driving...and driving

Today we drove home from Northern California where we were meeting a shipment and visiting with my parents. I started memorizing a verse (haven't yet memorized the reference): "Finally brethren, whatsoever is true, whatsoever is honest, whatsoever is pure, whatsoever is lovely, whatsoever is of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things." (still memorizing)...

and I thought, "man, that's a tough verse." and I decided to try to implement it on what turned out to be the 9 hour drive home (pulling a U-Haul trailer with the shipment). Do you know how many times I had to change my thoughts? A lot. And I had to reason with myself: "But it IS true, they are grumpy babies...but what is more true is that they are sweet babies who have been locked up in the truck all day...give them grace...love them...be a fun, happy mama." And God was with me. He helped me out.

I've been working on the tongue and on speaking positively and not gossiping (still am working on it, always will be, it looks like). And that seems like a piece of cake compared to working on my thoughts. Holy cow! But if I keep meditating on this Scripture, and others like it, I'll be a pleasant, positive person!!! And I'll be doing it with God next to me and not on my own will (which doesn't work for me.)

Not a revolutionary thought, but a small revelation to me today.

I'll have lots of time to practice since it looks like we'll be taking lots of trips over the next two months.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, looking forward to hearing about the amazing house you guys got to stay in for a few days. We have missed you. Hope the business is going good. And that you are making many wonderful memories on the road.

Acorns any one?!?! They are yummy, just ask Charles. :)
We love you guys

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...